1334 Carlton Place,
Livermore, California 94550
Thank you for considering a volunteer position with Asante Africa Foundation.
We have high expectations for our volunteers, Board of Directors, and staff because many children and their families are relying on our ability to deliver on our commitments. We are a high energy and fast paced team, looking for people who want to make a difference in the lives of others.
We want people on our team who:
- have a global perspective, are interested in learning about other cultures, and enjoy different perspectives in their daily life
- are passionate about helping East African children and their families create a better life through education and learning opportunities
- believe in translating donations and fundraising into tangible actions and results, with direct benefit to the communities, families, and individuals we serve in East Africa.
- appreciate that complimentary skills and abilities create a stronger team as whole.
- are self motivated, willing to ask questions, and drive for results through actions
Some of the ways to contribute as a volunteer
Sponsor a Fundraising Event:
Lead the way for a fundraising event in your home or work place. It could be a house party, a car wash, or rallying your friends to donate their “latte” money for a week. One woman is giving herself a birthday party where everyone donates to Asante Africa instead of bringing her a gift.
Volunteer on a Committee for an Event or Project:
Chair a group or join as a team member to share your expertise in any number of areas—web support, writing for marketing and outreach, fundraising, accounting, administrative support. We’ll work with you to match your skills and interests with events or committees, or you can propose one to us.
Make an Introduction:
Do you know people at corporations, foundations, and other places that may be interested in learning about us? Volunteers have provided introductions to important contacts that dramatically increased our exposure, and generated donations or other support. Examples include other foundations, newspapers and magazines, corporate philanthropy groups, children’s book publishers. If you have “friends in high places” and/or work at a large corporation please let us know if you’d be willing to bring us together.
You tell us! We know there are lots of creative ideas out there we haven’t thought of, and we’d love to hear from you about them. Please fill out our Volunteer Application to help us learn more about you and your interests.